I'm not sure what else there really is to say about Granada... ha, oh, except Liliana and I made it a tradition that whenever we stop at a rest stop, we get off the bus and do a lap around the building. It felt so good to run -- I haven't been able to since, oh, early May. It wasn't painful or anything, which is great news, but my shins are now really sore, which is lame considering it was such a short distance. But I am ready to start running again and I'm ready to build up my endurance. I'm excited to do that. I remember how much my ankle hurt to walk at the beginning of September and how the prospect of running was just totally out of the question. Now it's not. Progress!
On to pictures:
Outside of the most famous church in Granada, we happened across some stands selling all kinds of spices. I like this picture. I feel like I could put it in my kitchen. You know, theoretically. My theoretical kitchen.
Walking up through the Albayzin to get to the plaza. Typical roommate love between Kristin and Liliana (yes, we give Americans a good name).
View from the Albayzin over to the Alhambra on the other hill with the Sierra Nevada mountains in the background.
Liliana, Me, the Alhambra. Sitting in the square with our legs hanging off over the side. Hmm, I wonder if you can guess who is who (sarcasm; it should be fairly easy).
The next day on our guided tour of the Alhambra. This is a view out from the main tower of the Alhambra. Katie and me. I was trying to take a legitimate, mature roommate picture, but she would have none of it.
We went to the Generalife garden that's attached to the Alhambra, and I started playing with flowers and views...
...and this picture and the one above are of the same thing, just with different focuses... that is DEEP (hah, come on... I know you miss me).I like going places with the center because we get guided tours of what's most important, we get transportation, and we get put up in really, really nice hotels. The hotel where we stayed in Granada was spectacular AND there was a free continental breakfast that was out of this world. Easily the best breakfast I've had in Spain. I know my family's probably actually paying for it through the study abroad program costs and fees, but still. I'm sure the center gets some kind of deal on hotels and things when we go on excursions. And I like them. A lot.






2 comments:
beautious.
shoe picture rocked. liked the second flower one more. yay fuzzy backgrounds!
please feel my jealous evil eye glaring at you for being in such a beautiful place with nice weather. I am now off to climb up the slope in a frigid blustery wintery hell.
Also I miss you....
Post a Comment